Here is an update on the actions of the Richland County Zoning and Land Information Committee .
The Richland County Moratorium on permitting of frac sand mines will expire June 31, 2014. In September 2013, the Richland County Zoning and Land Information Committee created a subcommittee, the Frac Sand Mining Advisory Committee, to learn more about this new industrial frac sand mining industry and what impact it would have on our way of life in Richland County. On Monday March 3, the Frac Sand Mining Advisory Committee submitted its recommended revisions to the county zoning ordinance to the Zoning and Land Use Committee, specifically addressing industrial frac sand mining.
The next meeting of the Richland County Zoning and Land Information Committee is Monday April 7 at 9:00 a.m., County Board Room, Richland County Courthouse, 181 W. Seminary St, Richland Center, Wisconsin. At this meeting the Committee will:
- Review and discuss proposed changes to the zoning ordinances
- Hear testimony or comments from the community on these proposed changes
- Vote on the recommendations, or amend and vote on the amended recommendations
- Send the approved recommendations to the County Board for final approval and adoption
The County Board meeting when zoning will be taken up is April 15 at 9:00 a.m.
We encourage you to:
- Read the Frac Sand Mining Advisory Committee Meeting Reference Summary
- Review the proposed zoning ordinance changes (you can request a copy from County Zoning Administrator Mike Bindl at email@example.com)
- Attend the public hearing
- Present your comments / concerns in writing at the public hearing
- If you are unable to attend the hearing, mail your comments /concerns to Richland County Zoning Administrator Mike Bindl, Zoning & Sanitation Department, 181 W. Seminary St., Room 309, Richland Center, WI 53581, or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call your County Board Supervisor to show your support of the new zoning changes (contact information; see the Richland County Official Directory if you do not know the supervisor for your township)
Thank you for your continued support.
Connie Champnoise and Margaret Farley Co-Chairs, Richland Stewardship Project
(Click Here for a print-friendly version of this information in letter form.)